On Monday, July 31, 2023, Robins Foundation will start accepting grant applications from nonprofit organizations focused on early care and education (ECE). This is our second and final ECE grant cycle of the 2023 calendar year.
ECE grants in this cycle will range from $25,000 to $150,000, and will prioritize programs and initiatives that promote exceptional learning environments, positive adult-child interactions, sustainable workforce development, and advocacy efforts.
If you are a nonprofit childcare provider and wish to apply for funding of less than $25,000, please apply through our nonprofit Supporting Early Education and Development (SEED) opportunity.
The final deadline to submit your application is Friday, August 25, 2023.
Please note that the mandatory pre-application conversation with our program officer, Meg Pienkowski, must be completed by Friday, August 4, 2023.
Key focus areas:
For children to thrive, they need access to early, high-quality care and educational experiences, as well as families that are supported and engaged.
These factors influence children’s brain development, school readiness, and long-term wellbeing, so we fund projects in three focus areas:
- Provider support & infrastructure for early care and education
- Parenting support & engagement
- Early childhood policy & advocacy
Eligible projects and organizations include those that:
- Primarily support children and their families during prenatal stages through age 5
- Serve community members in Richmond City, Chesterfield, Henrico, and/or Petersburg
- Qualify as 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations
Which organizations and projects are not eligible?
Proposals are ineligible for funding if they exclusively focus on:
- Travel to conferences or other events
- Budget shortfalls or cash flow issues
- Capital investments
- Religious-based curriculum and/or admissions practices
If your nonprofit is currently receiving Robins Foundation support through June 2024, we request that you wait until our first grant cycle in 2024 to apply. Any questions about your eligibility can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’re eligible! How do I apply?
Please complete these steps in order.
NOTE: If you plan to apply for the same project or initiative Robins Foundation funded in September 2022, you do not need to submit the pre-application questionnaire and can proceed directly to step 2 below.
1. Submit a short pre-application questionnaire. Once submitted you will be able to schedule a call with our program officer. Deadline August 2, 2023
2. Use this link to schedule a 30-minute phone conversation with our program officer. July 24 – August 4, 2023
3. Complete a full application in our online grants system. Complete this step only after your pre-application conversation. Deadline: August 25, 2023
4. Grant decisions and notifications. Early December 2023
If you have any questions, or if you need to remove a contact from your organizational profile, please reach out to us at email@example.com. We wish you the best of luck with your application.