We’ve got some exciting news!
We are now accepting grant applications from nonprofit organizations focused on early care and education.
Our grants will range from $25,000 to $150,000, and we will prioritize programs and initiatives that promote exceptional learning environments, positive adult-child interactions, sustainable workforce development, and advocacy efforts. If your nonprofit provides early care and education and wishes to apply for funding of less than $25,000, please be on the lookout for an announcement this spring about a streamlined, childcare provider-specific grant opportunity.
The final deadline to submit your application is Friday, March 3, 2023.
Key Focus Areas
For children to thrive, they need access to early, high-quality care and educational experiences, as well as families that are supported and engaged.
These factors influence children’s brain development, school readiness, and long-term wellbeing, so we fund projects in three focus areas:
- Provider support & infrastructure for early care and education
- Parenting support & engagement
- Early childhood policy & advocacy
Eligible projects and organizations include those that:
- Primarily support children and their families during prenatal stages through age 5
- Serve community members in Richmond City, Chesterfield, Henrico, and/or Petersburg
- Qualify as 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations
Which organizations and projects are not eligible?
Proposals are ineligible for funding if they exclusively focus on:
- Travel to conferences or other events
- Budget shortfalls or cash flow issues
- Capital investments
- Religious-based curriculum and/or admissions practices
If your nonprofit received a competitive grant in June 2022, you are eligible to apply again. If you received a competitive grant in September 2022, we request that you wait until our next grant cycle (opening in July) to apply. Any questions about your eligibility can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’re eligible! How do I apply?
Please complete these steps in order.
NOTE: If you plan to apply for the same project or initiative Robins Foundation funded in June 2022, you do not need to submit the pre-application questionnaire and can proceed directly to step 2 below.
1. Submit a short pre-application questionnaire (linked here). Once submitted you will be able to schedule a call with our program officer.
Deadline: February 8, 2023
2. Use this link to schedule a 30-minute phone conversation with our program officer.
January 23-February 10, 2023
3. Complete a full application in our online grants system (linked here). Complete this step only after your pre-application conversation.
Deadline: March 3, 2023
4. Grant decisions and notifications
Early June, 2023
If you have any questions, or if you need to remove a contact from your organizational profile, please reach out to us at email@example.com. We wish you the best of luck with your application.