Robins Foundation 2023 ECE Grant Announcement
We’ve got some exciting news!
We are now accepting grant applications from nonprofit organizations focused on early care and education.
Our grants will range from $25,000 to $150,000, and we will prioritize programs and initiatives that promote exceptional learning environments, positive adult-child interactions, sustainable workforce development, and advocacy efforts. If your nonprofit provides early care and education and wishes to apply for funding of less than $25,000, please be on the lookout for an announcement this spring about a streamlined, childcare provider-specific grant opportunity.
The final deadline to submit your application is Friday, March 3, 2023.
Key Focus Areas
For children to thrive, they need access to early, high-quality care and educational experiences, as well as families that are supported and engaged.
These factors influence children’s brain development, school readiness, and long-term wellbeing, so we fund projects in three focus areas:
- Provider support & infrastructure for early care and education
- Parenting support & engagement
- Early childhood policy & advocacy
Eligible projects and organizations include those that:
- Primarily support children and their families during prenatal stages through age 5
- Serve community members in Richmond City, Chesterfield, Henrico, and/or Petersburg
- Qualify as 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations
Which organizations and projects are not eligible?
Proposals are ineligible for funding if they exclusively focus on:
- Travel to conferences or other events
- Budget shortfalls or cash flow issues
- Capital investments
- Religious-based curriculum and/or admissions practices
If your nonprofit received a competitive grant in June 2022, you are eligible to apply again. If you received a competitive grant in September 2022, we request that you wait until our next grant cycle (opening in July) to apply. Any questions about your eligibility can be directed to email@example.com.
We’re eligible! How do I apply?
Please complete these steps in order.
NOTE: If you plan to apply for the same project or initiative Robins Foundation funded in June 2022, you do not need to submit the pre-application questionnaire and can proceed directly to step 2 below.
1. Submit a short pre-application questionnaire (linked here). Once submitted you will be able to schedule a call with our program officer.
Deadline: February 8, 2023
2. Use this link to schedule a 30-minute phone conversation with our program officer.
January 23-February 10, 2023
3. Complete a full application in our online grants system (linked here). Complete this step only after your pre-application conversation.
Deadline: March 3, 2023
4. Grant decisions and notifications
Early June, 2023
If you have any questions, or if you need to remove a contact from your organizational profile, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We wish you the best of luck with your application.