Applying for Grants
What We Fund
Robins Foundation provides grants to 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations implementing programs that align with our focus areas:
We recognize that investments in early childhood have the power to change the trajectory of individual lives and entire families, as well as deliver significant returns for the community. We are committed to deeply investing in early childhood for children from birth through 5 years old.
A vibrant community enriches the wellbeing of our families, draws residents and tourists to our city, builds community pride, and makes Richmond a positive and dynamic place to live. We invest in programs that enhance our region and are open to and benefit the entire community.
What We Do Not Fund
- Organizations other than 501 (c)(3) nonprofits
- Individuals, private foundations, churches, or religious programs, fraternal, social or labor organizations
- Political parties or candidates
- Travel funds for tours, exhibitions or trips by individuals or special interest groups
- Local athletic/sports programs or equipment, courtesy advertising benefits, raffle tickets, and other fundraising or special events
- Scholarships, fellowships, or sponsors for a cause
- For-profit entities
In accordance with our grant making priorities, we generally do not fund:
- Private schools
- National health organizations with a focus on a single disease
- Projects outside the city of Richmond and the surrounding counties of Chesterfield, Petersburg, and Henrico.
If you are unsure whether or not you should apply, please contact our Grants Manager.
Ready to Apply?
If this is the first time your organization has applied for Robins Foundation funding, we invite you to create a profile in our grants management portal. You will then receive emails with information about grant cycle openings and application processes.